Saturday, September 13, 2014

Anticipation of Canon 7D Mark II

By Ken Parks, September 13, 2014

It's been longer than 4 years since Canon has updated their APS-C flagship DSLR camera. Sure they have added new models to their lineup, but the 7D is in dire need of matching or exceeding the latest technology.

The latest rumor mill has it that the NEW and improved Canon 7D Mk II will be released at the next Photokina show on or about September 15.

I know what I would like to see (wish list) and it includes the following anticipation:



Wifi – this is a feature long needed, the ability to send images to your laptop, tablet, etc.
AF Video – the current 7D does not have the ability to auto-focus while video recording.
Double Exposure – a feature to allow multiple exposure over the same image.
Dual CF cards – the capability to copy from one CF card to another and continual shooting.
ISO upgrade to 51200.
Filters – have multiple image filters including the original image file.
CMOS filter of 24mp.
Multiple off-camera Flash configurations.

If Canon can add a few of these features/upgrades to the NEW Mk II, I would be tempted to sell one of my 7D's in favor of the some new features or upgrades.  If not and the price is unreasonable, then I'll stay with my older 7D cameras (own two), and maybe I'll keep the cameras for another 4 years.

There are several other features that will definitely be upgrades. However, if Canon wants to stay in competition to the latest Nikon innovations, they must compete with a model that will have Nikon users turning heads.

2 comments:

  1. The 7D Mark II has come out and it has not met my expectations. So I will wait till Canon comes out with the 7D Mark III. One of the latest Rebel Models, 6D rs has a larger CMOS filter at 24Mpix over the 20Mpix of the 7D Mark II.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is another important factor and reason why I will not purchase the 7D Mark II; It requires the latest lens types calle "SD." I don have any SD lenses and they will not AF with the Mark II digital camera. It may as well be buying into a new system,,, I'm not going to do that!

    ReplyDelete